FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY INSPIRED WORKSHOP
22-25 april | SPETSES, GREECE
Phos is an All Inclusive Luxury Workshop in Europe.
If you want to take your business to the next level this is the workshop to attend.
Justine Milton & Les Anagnou Photographers are teaching an amazing workshop in Spetses, Greece.
Learn about film photography, lighting, styling, marketing, getting your work published and so much more! Between Justine Milton & Les Anagnou their knowledge & experience covers markets in both North America & Europe.
SPEAKERS & CONTRIBUTING VENDORS
PAUL + YIOTA ANAGNOU
Paul and Yiota Anagnou are experienced, creative, fine art photographers who live in Athens with their two children. They love the imperfections that come with real film (as opposed to digital). The organic, earthiness that one can only achieve the old fashioned way. It’s a unique kind of soft focus and timeless quality that lends itself so perfectly to wedding photography, along with a vivid colour palette that you simply can’t achieve with digital.
Paul & Yiota spend their lives travelling through Europe shooting some of the world’s most beautiful weddings and have over 20 years of adventures and experience behind them. They firmly believe that the best artists are those who know how to pass on their skills and how to contribute to another’s artistic growth. Over the years, the photographic community has given them so much and it is a joy to give back. They can teach you how to become a better photographer, how book clients without spending a dime, how to juggle work commitments with family life and how to run a business in a way that makes you happy.
Hey, I'm Justine Milton, I photograph weddings with my husband, Alan Carey, my second shooter, film loader, and assistant. Together we travel all over the world capturing love stories and teaching.
My style is a mix of fine art and photojournalism. I capture naturally beautiful moments as they happen. It is an incredibly humbling job, to be trusted to document couples life long memories, and that is what we focus on most; timeless imagery that will evoke all of the emotions you and your family felt on the day.
I firmly believe in getting things right in camera, not fixing them afterwards. I think light is truly one of the most important aspects of photography, having a technical understanding of light and how it reacts in different surroundings and how to best control it, you can create any look or style you want. Having a vast knowledge base of film stocks, how they differ and render certain colors and handle different lighting and processing helps push the limits of using film.
THINK HAPPY EVENTS
Chrysoula is the founder of Think Happy Events; with more than 14 years of event planning and design experience. Her love of creating & organizing events along with her creativity & out of the box thinking, drove Chrysoula to make her passion a full time job. Think Happy Events is a boutique company located in Athens that travels all around Greece and farther to plan & design events.
Chrysoula and her talented team specialize in creating intimate weddings and unforgettable memories. Close attention to details, being pro-active, exceptional problem solving skills and energetic idea generation are the key elements of The Think Happy team. Chrysoula’s mission for Think Happy Events is to embrace joy, fun and big smiles in every event.
CARMENCITA FILM LAB
Albert is one of the founders of “Carmencita Film Lab” in Spain & "Traveling Light". Thanks to the team behind the lab and their hard work a lot of photographers have fallen in love with film again, and are able to obtain high quality results front their film shoots. Albert worked in the US for six months and after his return to Barcelona he met Miguel Varona, who owned a scanner, and just wanted to do something special. Carmencita was born. Since then, a lot of hard work has been made in every roll, but, as Albert says, all the difficulties worth it when we see how the quality of film photography has increased and how many people is now choosing film as a creative option.
Melissa Love is a graphic designer and website developer who works with photographers to help them develop a strong brand presence and stand out in a crowded market. She is passionate about affordable design for small businesses and founded The Design Space to help photographers, designers and other makers grow their businesses on and offline.
Melissa has been working with industry leaders around the world for over ten years. She will guide you through the branding process, giving you a framework to use for your own branding journey, as well as advising you on the must-have features your website needs.
Vassilis Sioutos is co-founder and leading Cinematographer of Wedcolors Cinematography.His passion for our work and the faith in his creative abilities is what started WedColors in the first place. They decided to join their creative personalities for a greater cause, capturing the best moments of a couple and presenting them in the most artistic way possible. Through this journey they managed to evolve themselves and offer true art through motion
Frantzeska Koukoula creates Make Up and Hairstyles that are undoubtedly defined by elegance and high aesthetics.
She amplifies natural beauty by enhancing your natural characteristics in order to achieve finesse and a timeless result. Her passion for creativity leads her into the world of art. She studies Graphic Design and works for 10 years in one of the biggest papers of Athens, Eleutherotypia. Alongside Make Up and Hair Styling came into her life as a new challenge. She has studied in the Freddy Make Up Stage and has participated in tens of fashion photo shoots and weddings.
Frantzeska's sole and only purpose are the special moments of the wedding day and the most beautiful version of the brides she treats.
THE EXPERIENCE | APRIL 22 – 26, 2018
PRICE – €1500
Justine shoots mostly with film and Les Anagnou shoot hybrid, this workshop will focus on film but most topics will relate to any medium. We will also cover some hybrid shooting tips and techniques and share with you how we do things. We will also discuss lighting, both natural and artificial, defining your style, film stocks, shooting and techniques, running a profitable business, shooting editorials & publishing, natural posing, documenting emotion and motion, curating your galleries, editing, marketing, pricing & much more.
There will be multiple shoots throughout the few days. Each one will be broken into multiple parts so the attendees can split up into smaller groups, ensuring everyone has their own shooting time.
- Les Anagnou and Justine & Alan will show everyone how they would pose, and what they would shoot and look for in the locations and lighting and then will be rotating among the groups in case any one needs help or has any questions.
- Attendees will be allowed to use the images for their own portfolios and blogs, they will also be allowed to submit the images to blogs with proper vendor and workshop credits.
- We will have a welcome dinner on the evening of April 22nd.
- On the following days we will have classroom time and shooting time.
- On April 26th, after breakfast everyone heads home with a lot of knowledge and some lifelong photofriends!
2.00 pm: Check in
6.00 pm: Meet & Greet
8.00 pm: Cocktail & Aperitivo
8.00: Full American Buffet Breakfast
8:45: 1 Round of 1:1
9:30: All about film (Equipment/ Film-why shoot film,film stocks) /
13.00: Lunch break
14.00: Justine – Continue with lighting
15.30: Editorial Bridal Photo Shoot with P + Y & J
16:00: Attendees shoot
19:00: Summary of the Day & Questions
21:15: 2 Rounds of 1:1
8.00: Full American Buffet Breakfast
12:00 Albert-Carmencita Film Lab
13.00: Light lunch at Poseidonio
14:00: Chrysoula- styling and getting published
15.00: Kate-Magnolia Rouge
16:30: Justine + Les Anagnou show what they do on location
17:00: Groups shooting
21:15: 2 Rounds of 1:1
8.00: Full American Buffet Breakfast
8:45: 1 Round of 1:1
11.00: Melissa- Marketing & SEO & Blogging
13:00: Light lunch at Poseidonio
14.00: Branding and client experience
15:00: Justine + Les Anagnou show what they do on location
16:00: Groups shooting
21:15: 3 Rounds of 1:1
6:30: Sunrise shoot
9.00: Full American Buffet Breakfast
9.30: Workshop Wrap Up & Group Photo
12.00: Check Out
Price – €1500
POSEIDONION GRAND HOTEL | SPETSES ISLAND | GREECE
Spetses “The island of perfumes”, as it was named by the Venetians (which in ancient Greek means “full of pine-trees”), is a beautiful, car-free island with numerous wonderful sandy beaches and lovely secluded bays.
Poseidonio Grand Hotel, which first opened in 1914, was the brainchild of Sotirios Anargyros, a visionary benefactor who was responsible for much of Spetses’ development. Furthermore, it represented the cosmopolitan face of the island and soon became one of its famous landmarks, a favorite destination for high society, royalty and wealthy Athenians.
If you are arriving in Athens by plane, you can travel by to Piraeus where the flying dolphins for Spetses depart.From Piraeus, there are frequent Flying Dolphin and Catamaran departures to the port of Spetses. Check out the schedules at www.hellenicseaways.gr.
By car, you can travel via ferry from Kranidi, Porto Heli and Kosta. From Kosta, a sea taxi will take you to Spetses in 5 minutes.
Why is this workshop right for me?
When does the workshop take place?
April 22nd – 26th. 2018.
Where do the workshops take place?
The stunning Greek Island of Spetses.
How much does it cost?
Who can attend the workshop
What language will the workshop be in?
If you have a car or are renting one, take the national road, cross the Isthmus of Corinth and take the exit for Ancient Epidavros from Kosta. A sea taxi will take you to Spetses in 5 minutes.
How much film should I bring?
Can I use the images on my portfolio?
Do I have to stay up all night every night?
Do I have to shoot film?
We also offer in-person one-to-one mentoring for single and two-day sessions. Why appoint us as your mentors? We’re glad you asked. Regardless of what stage your business is at, you need someone to challenge and push you. Someone to ask you the difficult questions and helps you gain both traction and perspective as your business grows.
We’ll help you address your concerns and hopes for your business and guide you towards a bright future. We haven’t got all of the answers (no one does!) but a few things we can help with are as follows:
- Photography and how to shoot to the full extent of your potential
- How to work with difficult lighting
- How to attract the clients you want
- Promoting yourself without spending a penny
- How to care for clients and keep them recommending you to friends
- Learn more about getting published on blogs and in the magazines
- How to juggle a creatively fulfilling career with a healthy family life
- And much, much more…
- Beforehand, we’ll give you a complimentary 30-minute session where we meet one another and work out if we’re a good fit.
- We’ll talk about your business, where you want to go with it and how we can help.
- Once we’ve decided that you want to move forward, we’ll carry out a more in-depth questionnaire to find out exactly what you want to achieve with this course.
- We’ll review your portfolio: we’ll pull your portfolio apart, discuss composition, exposure, posing and framing.
- On the day itself, we’ll craft the day around exactly what you want to learn. Over the course of 7 hours, we’ll review your style, your equipment and anything else you need to take your business to the next level.
- We’ll also do a ‘test’ shoot of your choosing so we can walk you through what we would do in your shoes.
- The first day is as above.
- The second day will include an intensive wedding shoot with a bride and groom or couple and we’ll guide you through posing technique, working harmoniously with light, making your colours pop, putting your subjects at ease, capturing emotion, avoiding over-posing.
- We’ll include another 3 hours of business coaching.
- Post shoot, we’ll go through the photos you took and discuss what worked and what didn’t and how you’re going to grow as an artist.
- We suggest a Skype call a few days after the workshop to follow up on any questions regarding the 2-day mentoring course. This is also your chance to give us some valuable feedback!